12. Purpose and Passion-Driven Education
June 9th, 2022
57 mins 46 secs
About this Episode
The Essential School Sucks, #12 of 50
Theme Two: Leaving Institutional Schooling and Finding Educational Alternatives
Connor Boyack is a home-educating parent and the founder of the Libertas Institute. He joins me to discuss his book Passion-Driven Education, which is definitely a nice companion piece for the School Sucks Podcast.
- School is a tool for social transformation; education is a tool for self-transformation
- Addressing Concerns: Structure, "assessment," and protection in the homeschool environment
- Is the process of critical inquiry more important than the actual information gained?
- Minimally Invasive Education
- A Star Wars story about child motivation
The Tuttle Twins Set by Connor Boyack: The Law, The Golden Rule, Miraculous Pencil, Education Vacation
Please Support School Sucks
School Sucks was one of the longest running liberty-minded podcasts on the web, and the only one completely devoted to the issue of education (versus public school and college).
Your support keeps the show alive, which keeps us at the top of the options for education podcasts and leads to new people discovering our work. Please help us continue to spread this important message further!
One-Time Donation Options:
BITCOIN CASH 1AmqLVxjw3Lp9KT5ckfvsqfN2Hn3B1hCWS
Support Us On PATREON
You support our mission, and you want to help us continue to reach new people with our message and media. Your contribution helps us maintain presence, and to further build the legacy of School Sucks Project.
And please bookmark and use this link for your Amazon shopping: Shop With Us